jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are "questions" found under "answers" in the explore menu?

1. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

Why are "questions" found under "answers" in the explore menu?

I know questions have always been found under the answers link-- I'm just curious why. It disturbs my delicate psyche every time I want to see the latest QUESTIONS. Didn't mean to shout.

2. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

I think it is just a case of "because that is the way it has always been here."

I know what you mean about disturbing your delicate psyche though. It actually took me a year to find my way to the "questions" via "answers". It was very confusing.

Maybe it would be more confusing now to put matters the other way around.

3. Angie Jardine profile image81
    Angie Jardineposted 6 years ago

I'm glad you asked that, Unnamed ... and I'm sorry I don't have the answer as I have often wondered about that too. Looking forward to the replies ...

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Because questions normally have answers. And people who go to that area are normally there to answer questions. So it makes sense to me to call the area what it is.

5. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

Lots of hub questions do not have answers. I submit that most hubbers are looking for "questions" to answer, not "answers" to questions. A case for "answer" instead of "answers" could be made. As a verb, that's what I want to do, but I still think "questions" are what most hubbers are looking for.

working