jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you could change anything about hubpages, what 3 things would you change and

1. vocalcoach profile image98
    vocalcoachposted 5 years ago

If you could change anything about hubpages, what 3 things would you change and why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4060126_f260.jpg

2. Hyphenbird profile image91
    Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago

Hello vocalcoach. This is a great question.
    1. I would want a story to stay hidden once I clicked "Hide This Story"
    2. I would want a search option for appropriate ads for Hubs where ads are removed due to subject matter. Example: A child abuse Hub could have counseling or foster parent ads.
    3. I would change the way forum threads appear. The arguments about religion flood the Feed. It is irritating to see pages of the same old thing. They need to remain within the forum itself and not on the front page.

3. Dee aka Nonna profile image79
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 5 years ago

I can only think of one at the moment.  I know that before a writer get a pay-out they must get to a certain amount during a one-month period....The amount one makes clears if you don't get to that set amount.  I have always wondered why.....why can't it just keep building until you get to the amount....whether it is 2-months or 6-months, etc.   I think that once you get that first check...whether $2 or $200 it becomes a great motivator. 

I remember the first time I got paid as a writer.  It wasn't much but it felt sooooooo good.

4. Twilight Lawns profile image83
    Twilight Lawnsposted 5 years ago

I would change the fact that HubPages is associated with that dishonest crowd at Google who invented the Adsense rubbish and then waited till I had approached the princely sum of almost £30 to decide that I had been a very naughty boy and told me that I wasn't going to be paid that, and what is more, I would have to sit on the naughty chair because I was a liar and a cheat and tried to manipulate my hub scores by being dishonest.
    I may be a lot of things, but neither am I a liar nor a cheat.
    If you want to indulge in a lot of fruitless activity, try appealing to Google if they have decided against you.
    No, I am not a happy bunny.

5. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

1) more money for publishers
    2) higher google rankings
    3) getting paid a monthly fee every month!

Closed to reply

working