jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think of writing for Hubpages as your full-time job?

1. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 5 years ago

Do you think of writing for Hubpages as your full-time job?

2. Parks McCants profile image73
    Parks McCantsposted 5 years ago

It would be if I was paid for it. I love writing social and political commentary. But on-line. Fugetaboutit..
    It's just a glorified Hobie. If you love writing? Go for it. If you want to make a living writing? Pick up a masters degree in journalism, and cross your fingers. Much competition...

3. gethanna profile image58
    gethannaposted 5 years ago

I am new to hub pages and can't speak much about it. But from what I see and read from other peoples' experience, I think it depends on your situation. If you are a stay at home mom and thinking of getting some extra income, you can make it a full time job. If you want to make a living out of it, well, working full-time for hub pages will be difficult. In fact, I like to write for hub pages to satisfy my soul. Hub pages has given me the platform to write what I want and to build connections. I value that more than the money.

4. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I think of writing on Hubpages, Wizzley, Infobarrel, Bukisa and Webanswers PLUS about five of my own sites PLUS the online business I'm starting soon, as my online job.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, they're likely to break.

5. jamesmuia profile image88
    jamesmuiaposted 5 years ago

I joined HubPages for my love of writing, not because I want to make a lot of money doing it. Sure, extra income is great, and I welcome it; but I don't expect to bank off of writing. I mainly wanted a place where I could document the things I've done and learned so that others could learn from those things and save time learning it themselves.

A lot of people it seems just list products on their Hub that they most likely haven't even used before to try and get a sale. I won't list anything on my Hubs from Amazon unless I've actually used that product. It just seems weird to me to list a bunch of products you haven't used. That's just my opinion anyway.

6. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

I'm in my seventh month of being on HubPages. 

It would be very easy to spend all day on HubPages.  I love answering questions, reading other peoples' hubs, making comments and creating hubs.  Believe me, two hours pass VERY quickly when I am on HubPages.

Although I don't consider HubPages a full-time job, I try to sign up every day at least for a little while.  I love connecting with the writers.  As a result, I have learned so much about so many things. 

I'm not in it to make money.  If, eventually, I get a check some day, I'll just consider it a bonus blessing.

My days are filled with so many activities, I have to prioritize (working on a book and Legacy speech)...and I do fit in HubPages, as it is important to me.

Blessings, Sparklea smile

7. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

That would definitely be cool if I could. Still lots to learn on HubPages and I really do enjoy it. I know I do need to explore other options for online work.