jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the Hubpages team doing about this plagiarism situation?

1. Khal Blogo profile image61
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

What is the Hubpages team doing about this plagiarism situation?

Have they said anything? Have they done anything?

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

On this site, as clearly stated in the Terms of Use, each author retains full rights to the written content they create.  Because of this, it is the author's job to defend their own copyrights, not the responsibility of HubPages.

They have helpful information in the Learning Center which talks about how an author can defend their work but HubPages doesn't actually have any legal rights or responsibilities when it comes to defending writing that is not owned by the site itself.

3. William157 profile image77
    William157posted 5 years ago

There are some helpful sites mentioned in this article:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

4. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 5 years ago

you own the content and copyright of it ..hubpages don't have to do anything with it ,you contact the owner ,send DMCA notice to their web host.,contact him ...

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

On an individual hub basis, I don't think HubPages has any responsibility. If asked in a courtroom, I'm sure they would provide the original publication date of your hubs, but they aren't going to search the internet for duplicates. Having said that, from what I understand this ezine site, or whatever it's called, is stealing in massive numbers. So I feel like the admins of HubPages should weigh in. Plagiarism on this scale is going to hurt them as much as it hurts us.

working