HubPages Team Changes

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (40 posts)
  1. samanthacubbison profile image81
    samanthacubbisonposted 4 years ago

Hello, community members—whether you’ve been with us for years or have just joined HubPages-Maven, many of you have had the pleasure of developing a wonderful working relationship and friendship with Robin Edmondson, the backbone of our community and editorial team. Robin, who has been with HubPages-Maven since its launch, recently decided to retire from the editorial team to pursue life and enjoyment beyond work. This news is certainly bittersweet, but we are excited for Robin. She will still be a part of the community, just not in an official capacity. With these changes in mind, please continue to reach out to your Network Site editors and the following team members:

- Tessa Buchin, your go-to for editorial policies (contact team@hubpages.com for questions/concerns)
    - Matt Wells, your go-to for all things moderation
    - Sam Cubbison, your go-to for all things community

Feel free to contact us with any questions or additional words of thanks for Robin at team@hubpages.com. We look forward to continuing her vision for authorship on our platform and we truly value you as community members.

1. chef-de-jour profile image98
      chef-de-jourposted 4 years agoin reply to this

2020 please go away, you've done enough damage already.

Robin, thank you for your hard work and professionalism over the years. You'll be sorely missed. I hope you have a fruitful, busy few years of relaxation.

2. letstalkabouteduc profile image95
      letstalkabouteducposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You'll be missed, Robin. Best of everything to you during your next chapter.

3. OldRoses profile image95
      OldRosesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wishing you all the best, Robin, on your new endeavor!

4. sallybea profile image81
      sallybeaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Robin, best wishes to you in you new beginnings.  Thank you for being there whenever we needed you.

5. Madeleine Clays profile image95
      Madeleine Claysposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Robin, for your commitment and hard work for HP-Maven. I remember a time about a year ago when you responded to a concern I expressed related to one of my articles. Your email was kind and considerate and you expressed empathy and understanding. May God bless you as you enter this new stage of your life.

6. TessSchlesinger profile image60
      TessSchlesingerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There is a question to be asked.

Is the team right-wing?

The moderation certainly appears to be.

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You should probably start a new thread.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image60
          TessSchlesingerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Why. I'm asking management - not the opinion of hubbers.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's been 4 days; so I guess somebody should respond. smile

I have a lifetime of experience with corporate America, I have written blistering articles about such. Unless there is money to be made, it is just not worth my time or money to fight what goes on there.

As to your inquiry, SF is a liberal bastion; as to the individual in question: unknown.

I have not posted about politics much, so you are on your own as to my own personal experiences in these matters.

I have been informed where there is a forum where it can apparently be a free-for-all. Interested? I won't post it here, but I'm sure it can be conveyed to you privately. smile

7. Babu Mohan profile image93
      Babu Mohanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

All the best, Robin. Wish you realise all that you seek and aspire.

Good luck to the new team to take HubPages to greater heights.

8. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Robin, you will be missed in the position you have held for so long. You have helped me greatly with your knowledge and and have been a role model with your dedication to the site. I wish you all the best in new endeavors.

9. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
      Kierstin Gunsbergposted 4 years ago

We will miss you, Robin! Thank you for the work you've done here and building a place that allows people like me to create for income. I hope your next adventure brings you lots of joy!

10. theraggededge profile image87
      theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

You'll be missed, Robin. Always the voice of reason smile

Take care and have fun.

11. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 4 years ago

Best wishes for the future, Robin. As others have said, you will be missed.

12. Kenna McHugh profile image93
      Kenna McHughposted 4 years ago

Robin,
      Thank you for all your guidance. It was always helpful and positive. You are starting a new chapter in your life. I am so excited for you. I will miss you.  Enormous HUG!

13. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

Robin, you always made yourself available when our need for attention was necessary. And you were always helpful. You will be missed, but I’m glad for you that you decided to focus on yourself for a change. Thank you for everything you’ve always done. Be well.

14. Titia profile image91
      Titiaposted 4 years ago

Hi Robin,  thanks for all the help you've given me in past years.So you're going to spread your wings again and fly in a new direction. Hope you'll find what you're looking for. Have a good time in whatever you're going to do and stay safe.

15. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 4 years ago

Thank you Robin for everything. Without you and the HP platform, I would never have become a writer today. Your encouragement kept some of us going. We are enjoying some of the benefits today.

Enjoy your new adventure. Wishing you all the best.

But please pop in now and then to say hi. smile

16. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

Wishing you all the best Robin.  Thank you for everything.

17. alexadry profile image97
      alexadryposted 4 years ago

Hi Robin, you will be dearly missed, but I'm glad to hear you'll still be a part of the community! Wishing you the very best.

18. EricDockett profile image96
      EricDockettposted 4 years ago

Thank you, Robin. I will always remember the kindness and patience you've shown me over the years. You will be missed. I hope whatever comes next brings you the happiness you deserve.

19. Ana Yong profile image68
      Ana Yongposted 4 years ago

Dear Robin, thanks for all the hard work. Good luck to you. Cheers!

20. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Robin. You are one of the most sanest, most ethical, most logical, kindest persons I have ever known. You will be missed.

Do at least keep an eye on Maven for us. big_smile

Update, No, I am not implying any criticisms of Maven. In fact, if Maven stock were to be subjected to another COVID crash and burn; I'd seriously consider buying the stock pre-rebound.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Another update. Robin has not quite quit corporate life as far as I can tell. I only wish I had the abilities she has. As for me, I blame it on my DNA; facts are facts. As far as investment opportunities goes; follow Robin's career and one will prosper. She has the ability to communicate (along with everything else I said); this is rare. Robin, speaking from the heart, you have no idea how much good you can do.

21. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 4 years ago

Robin, thanks for all the gond stuff you contribute to up Maven-HP.

22. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if you'd read this, but thanks for everything and just being you, Robin. It was always a pleasure to be in contact and your presence on the forums will be missed. Cheers to the next big step in your life and hopefully we'd get to read about some of your new experiences.

Until then, adios.

1. samanthacubbison profile image81
        samanthacubbisonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We will be sending this thread Robin's way so she can read all of your wonderful messages. smile

1. lobobrandon profile image89
          lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Perfect!

23. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
      Gregory DeVictorposted 4 years ago

Robin, it’s been an honor to have worked with you at HubPages. You will be missed by many, and I wish you the very best in whatever you decide to do in your career.

24. janshares profile image91
      jansharesposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your years of dedication. Sending you blessings as you move on to the next phase. Take good care, best of luck in your endeavors.

25. Danny Fernandes profile image70
      Danny Fernandesposted 4 years ago

Though I am very new to Hubpages, I love this platform. It's such a pleasure to be part of the community here, where everyone is ever ready to help and eager for participation.

All the very best Robin in your future endeavors, you will be really missed.

Thanks for all the contributions at HP-Maven.

26. Nell Rose profile image86
      Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

Best wishes and thank you for all your hard work. Good luck in the future. smile

27. Ansel Pereira profile image98
      Ansel Pereiraposted 4 years ago

Thank you, Robin. Your ability to communicate with writers on this platform in an engaging manner makes you unique. You have a beautiful heart, and it shows your kindness and patience. I have not come across many people who understand writer sentiment like you do. I sure will miss you. Wish you the very best in all your future endeavors. Stay Blessed!

28. carrie-kelley profile image83
      carrie-kelleyposted 4 years ago

Thank you, Robin for your dedication to this site and community. Wishing you good luck in all your future endeavors!

29. Natalie Frank profile image93
      Natalie Frankposted 4 years ago

Thank you, Robin, for all your hard work and support over the years.  You have made such a difference for the Hubpages community. Though you will be missed, I join with everyone else in wishing you nothing but happiness in your next chapter and hope that you'll check in once in a while to let us know how you are doing.  All the best.

30. Robin profile image86
      Robinposted 4 years ago

How nice to log on and see all of these wonderful sentiments. You all are the best! The HubPages community will always hold a very special place in my heart, and I appreciate every one of you. You are what have kept us going through the last 14 years, and I am so grateful for the friendships that I have made with many of you! I will keep checking in, as I can never fully leave.You are in great hands with Tessa and her team. They are some of the kindest, smartest, and hardest working people I know. I wish you all the very best and a healthy rest of the summer. Love and hugs!

31. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. It is certainly sad to to see you go, Robin. You never failed to convince us that there was a great decency at the heart of Hubpages.

32. NateB11 profile image86
      NateB11posted 4 years ago

Thank you, Robin, for all that you've done here at Hubpages. You have always been incredibly friendly and helpful. I wish you the best now and in the future.

33. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

I wish you all the best Robin. You will be missed here. Take care and good luck to the next challenge in your life. Thank you for being with us for years.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)