jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What constitutes an aged hub?

1. Max Dalton profile image89
    Max Daltonposted 5 years ago

What constitutes an aged hub?

I see a lot of people say a hub hasn't aged or it's yet to reach maturity. What does it mean when they say this and why is it important?

2. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

From what I've heard off others. An aged hub is one that is at least six months old. It's important because Google likes older content, as they are unlikely to be spammy in anyway. That's why they say it takes around a year typically for traffic to really pick up.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Once I wrote a hub about a conspiracy to create what was being called "the methamphetamine epidemic."  If you look at the way the politics and legislation played out - you can see that the meth epidemic was created purposefully to swell the prison population for these hideous private prison firms we have in the US.

...anyway - I wrote the thing and forgot about it.  Six months later - it all of a sudden was getting a ton of traffic.  You could say that it aged.  It took six months for search engines to recognize that it was good content.

4. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Paul Edmondson, CEO of HubPages, said that according to site-wide stats that it takes approximately three years for most Hubs to reach their full potential in regards to audience and traffic, at which point you can consider the Hub to be mature. 

From that point on, with occasional maintanence (bits of fresh content and maybe a new pic from time to time) you'll have a Hub that tends to exhibit more reliable/predictable traffic and earnings patterns over the course of a year.  Having now been on the site for almost six years, I can say that I agree with the three year timeframe.

5. Civil War Bob profile image59
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

That would be a not so shiny metal object from the wheel of a 1949 Ford...