jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever read a hub that made you angry? Why?

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 6 years ago

Have you ever read a hub that made you angry? Why?

2. Kim Cantrell profile image61
    Kim Cantrellposted 6 years ago

Oh my, I've read more than my fair share.  Probably at least once a day.  Could be the overall tone, or their extreme politics, or maybe I'm just having a bad day and looking to be ticked and someone.  No matter what, though, I respect it's someone's work and personal opinions and just let it be.  Ain't no big thing. smile

3. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Absolutely, but I usually try to hold my tongue. People are unlikely to change their minds through hearing an opposing viewpoint, getting into a pissing contest is frustrating and accomplishes nothing.

4. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Oh so many, but one that stands out was a particular one about smoking.  The author claimed that smokers ("The Silent Serial Killers" as the author labeled them) were worse than heroin addicts.  The way the hub was presented as well as the content was not only against the ToS, but also was a bit too personal.  Like Kim, I respect others' rights to publish what they want and hope the author finds a more educated way of presenting her stance.

5. janikon profile image88
    janikonposted 6 years ago

I have read more than my fair share of hubs that have made me want to throw things around my apartment. The one that got me recently compared gays and lesbians to criminals, murderers and rapists, I nearly threw my Arizona Green Tea can at the wall.

Then I went for a run (to Menchie's Frozen Yogurt and ate my weight in FroYo)

6. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

It bothers me when someone pretends to be an expert on something and, clearly, they don't even know the basics.  What's even worse is that people actually believe them.  I get especially ticked off when the subject involves incorrect medical advice that could definitely cause long-term harm and suffering to anyone who tries it.

working