jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

What is the best book you have ever read for motivation and courage?

1. sweetzara profile image79
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

What is the best book you have ever read for motivation and courage?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Both motivation and courage begin with having a strong mindset. In order to accomplish that one has to change their current belief system to a point where they believe they can obtain their goal. There are two books I have read that helped me with this.
    1. "Feeling is The Secret" (Ideas That Shape The World) by Neville Goddard.
    2. "The Greatest Salesman in the World" by Og Mandino. (This book is just as much about "life philosophy" as it is sales. It's told as a parable set in the time just prior to Christianity.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The best book I have ever read by far would have to be to Kill a MockingBird by Harper Lee.

4. EBlank90 profile image60
    EBlank90posted 5 years ago

You asked a question I cannot answer. I have read hundreds of books. Wonderful books that I have forgotten the names of. But three of my current books are, "They Thought for Themselves" by Sid Roth, It is about ten Jews who dare to do the impossoble and succeeded; "Loving God," by Charles Colson. It gives us a new perspective about God starting with a  short comment about his conversion and then from the lives of real people we are inspired; "The Holiness of God," by R.C. Sproul is a soul searching book that will cause you to re-examine your life and give you an understanding of God that you never had before.

5. William Beale profile image60
    William Bealeposted 5 years ago

"IN GOD WE TRUST", by Norman Vincent Peale

6. Jami cooper profile image56
    Jami cooperposted 5 years ago

Read Buddhism books,you will be motivated well. Buddhism is teaching us to improve our spirit and most of lessons are meaningful.

1. William Beale profile image60
      William Bealeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you;
      And May GOD spirit dwell upon you and your family

7. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

It's called "Something More: Excavating your Authentic Self" by Sarah Ban Breathnach.....This book is amazing.

8. sparkleyfinger profile image94
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

It's not a single book, but a trilogy. Dave Pelzer's "A child called it" series of books totally inspired me. They made me realise that I shouldn't just waste life, nor give up,  as there are so many people out there who have came from less than nothing to success stories. I cried so much during the first book, became hopeful in the second, and cried again in the third, but this time from happiness! Definately recommend them.

1. William Beale profile image60
      William Bealeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

just yesterday; we found out that many people has never really read the life of Abraham from the bible.  This is like being with lewis and clark, so last night I did a little research and found something great in the book of Romans 4,2-25

9. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I read The Purpose Driven Life when I was teaching and going to graduate school full-time. It was incredibly stressful, but in my hardest semester I took 5 minutes daily to read a short chapter in this book. It refocused how I thought about things- it's not really about me. It was incredibly motivating to me to understand that the silly things that I stressed about normally were really not important in the grand scheme of things.

working