jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why was my hub flagged as duplicate?

1. daisyjae profile image80
    daisyjaeposted 5 years ago

Why was my hub flagged as duplicate?

I had written it on another website over a year ago. I only got about 4 views so I deleted it a few months ago and just put it up here a couple of days ago. The next day it was unpublished.
    It's not on the other website at all anymore, I even ran it through a plagerism checker just to make sure and it was didn't come up. How is it a duplicate when it's been deleted from the other website?

2. msshandriaball profile image81
    msshandriaballposted 5 years ago

it was flagged because it was not an original piece,you might have to rearrange your article and change the title

3. Jenna Pope profile image60
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

The old site that it was on may have to clear the cache.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

The duplicate issue has bothered me. I wrote a Hub for hubpages. It was picked up by another publication I write for (at no charge). They ran the hub in total with the correct link. Thus they copied the hub from me. Hub pages flagged my hut as being duplicate of another. I attempted three times to rewrite it to meet their standards of difference. After that I deleted it and lost credit for the views it had accumulated. There is no way to stop other sites from copying your work, since HubPages does not exercise a general copyright. Those individuals who do say their work has copyright protection, may have some resource, but unless it is a real copyright, probably not.

working