jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why the low feedback?

1. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Why the low feedback?

Why don't people write comments or rate "useful" and stuff? I don't write anything controversial or anything, but even so...

2. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 5 years ago

To answer that question would require me to read a lot of your stuff.  I can't tell whether your numbers are really low or not; I've got 40,000 page views at this point, and 151 feedback ratings.  So you can see that most people don't provide feedback.

3. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

New hubs get a short burst of internal traffic - this tapers off after a few days to a week.

After that you need to wait for search engines to start sending you traffic - and unless they have a question or argument with what you wrote, most searchers won't leave a comment.

Think about it - when you Google something, how often do you comment?

4. William157 profile image75
    William157posted 5 years ago

It's an anomaly of the internet. Find an extremely popular video on YouTube, for instance, anything by Freddie Wong. I'm looking at Golf War right now. It has over 4.4 million views, but only about 78,000 ratings (in the form of thumbs up and down).

Maybe most people aren't in the habit of rating what they read or watch. Google travelers visiting an article you've written might take the time to read or skim it, but it's highly unlikely they'll take the time to write a comment or rate it.

That is, unless you write something extremely controversial. People LOVE to argue on the internet.

5. profile image0
    paulgcposted 5 years ago

I have seen a major drop in traffic to my hubs lately, so much so that i have deleted all 50+ hubs as none of them were getting any views. I have been a member of hubpages for 2 years and have noticed a definate drop in views/traffic etc. I dont know what is causing the drop, perhaps there is an increasing number of people joining hubpages, but my hubpages activity is now limited to answering the odd question or two and commenting on existing friends published hubs.

As a result of the down turn in activity i am now looking for an alternative site in which to produce my articles etc.

I hear Amazon let you produce articles/ short stories for sale on the kindle market, will have to investigate.