jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the pros and cons for 30 hubs in 30 days challenge ?

1. internetgeek profile image60
    internetgeekposted 5 years ago

What are the pros and cons for 30 hubs in 30 days challenge ?

2. sonykkid profile image59
    sonykkidposted 5 years ago

I am doing a personal challenge 90 hubs in 30 days and boy is it tiring also I probaly won't get it finished, I am not a big fan of writing just to make money so I am going to slow down a bit.
    The pros are it will give your earnings a boost but you ll have to sustain this

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

I did two back-to-back 30/30 challenges in my first 2-1/2 months on the site.  I'm still exhausted, three weeks later.  I'm not sure I will do that challenge again - it may not be worth the fatigue, and I think eventually, a writer could focus on quantity and lose sight of their quality goals.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

A hub challenge will keep you focused on your goal, and make you somewhat accountable, which is important to have especially since we don't have bosses to make sure that we do what we plan to do.  A challenge will also help you fine tune your skills faster, since you have to learn to make quick decisions and get lots of practice.

On the con side, it is tiring, and sometimes you may write a hub simply to meet the number requirement without making sure it is a quality hub.

I say the benefits outweigh the negatives.  Take the challenge, maybe make up a number that is more reasonable for your schedule.  If you get to a point where you simply can't write a quality article, let it go.  Don't publish just for the sake of publishing.  You can either make it up later or not.  Doesn't matter. Either way, you'll have more written than you would have otherwise.

By the way, I've written a hub that lists the pros and cons. I wrote it shortly after I completed a challenge or two.

working