Who's crazy enough to join me in the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (65 posts)
  1. merej99 profile image74
    merej99posted 10 years ago

They say it takes 21 days to create a habit.  My goal is to hone my writing skill, write quality articles and make new friends here.  Who is crazy enough to join me?  Come on!  We can do it together.
    big_smile  Meredith

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm crazy enough, but I don't have the time right now. Between my regular job and writing my next novel, my days are full. My goal for hub writing at this time is one a week. I should have my novel done by the end of the summer (or so I'm hoping) and then I'll get crazy with you.

merej99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Whoop Whoop that's awesome!  I'm so glad I found this forum to write.  Not quite ready for that novel but I feel I can get good practice here.  smile  I can't wait to get crazy!  smile

2. Mayashappyplace profile image50
      Mayashappyplaceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm in!!!!

WooHoo!  Just checking in.   What's your progress?  smile

3. Dorothy Daly profile image61
      Dorothy Dalyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wanna do it, too! I'm in!

Woot Woot!  Just checking in.  What's your progress?   smile

4. AMFredenburg profile image72
      AMFredenburgposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like a wonderful idea, but I can't do it right now. I hope you suggest this periodically. Someday.....!

It doesn't have to be 30 hubs in 30 days.  I've read some posts where they did one hub a week, I've seen another for every other day.  They say it takes 21 days to create a habit.  How about 21?  Just a thought  smile

5. taxed profile image44
      taxedposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm new here.  I want to join the challenge.

Hi taxed and welcome to the challenge.  The only limits we have here are the ones we put on ourselves.  For instance - I've only got 5 hubs posted since I launched the challenge -- nowhere near 30 for 30 but I try to write a little every day and that's okay!  Have fun with it and I look forward to reading your hubs.  smile

1. taxed profile image44
          taxedposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks mere99.  I followed you.  Could you pls add me back?  Thanks again for the inspiration.

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'd love to but not till I get back from the storm tomorrow..which will be Sunday or Monday

Not a problem!  It's a challenge thrown down for the group but it's really individual.  We just want to get motivated to write, keep up the momentum, and encourage each other.  Let us know when you start, post how many hubs you've got done and we'll keep cheering!  smile  Be careful in the snow. We had about a foot here.

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, merej99. No, I'm not crazy enough, really don't have the time, nor inclination to do any type of challenge that requires a rigorous schedule. But I do applaud your efforts and wish you well. I read one of your hubs, really enjoyed it. Happy hubbing!

3. merej99 profile image74

Thank you janshares!  Trying to be glass half full here and say FORTUNATELY I have the time to dedicate during the day.  I have subjects that I love to write about and I will be trolling forums for more inspiration.

I have a game plan.  Now I just have to write!

4. Blond Logic profile image92
    Blond Logicposted 10 years ago

Good luck. Sorry I won't be joining you. I tried about a year ago, and had some problems which kept me from completing it.
    It is doable though as many have done it.

Just remember, quality counts more than quantity. It is a good jolt though to show you it is possible.

Definitely quality over quantity!  I'm addicted to those little "H"s next to my hubs.  I have missed writing and finally have a platform where I feel comfortable.

5. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 10 years ago

I don't think so. My track record isn't very good, I'm afraid. I've been here four years and have so far only managed 0.7291666 hubs per month.

Jayne Lancer you are so funny!  How is it possible to have 0.729???  I understand ZERO and 1+ 
      As Desi would say, "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do."  big_smile 
      Thank you for the response.

6. misslong123 profile image84
    misslong123posted 10 years ago

I'm tempted and thinking it over. I want to get my writing back on track but I have so much else going on it would have to be 90 days for me. Hmm. I'll keep thinking but glad  you opened the topic! smile

IRONICALLY - as soon as I posted my challenge I GOT BUSY!  So I managed to get a couple of hubs started because I had the idea in my head.  Now it's a matter of working on QUALITY over quantity. 
      Let me know when you start yours!  I will gladly cheer you on.  smile

7. TarrinLupo profile image60
    TarrinLupoposted 10 years ago

I just started Hubbing about 10 days ago, but I am on pace. can I count those ones I did last week?  I would like to do 30 in my first 30 days.   Does that count as an official challenge?

Hi TarrinLupo - I don't see why you couldn't count those.  The challenge I threw down was 30 hubs in 30 days.  Please let me know how you're progressing!  A good friend of mine always said, "if you shoot for the moon and miss you will still land with the stars."  I don't know where she got it from, but it's what I strive towards.  Good luck!  smile

8. TarrinLupo profile image60

Thanks for the encouragement, lets rock these out together.

Hey there!  Just checking in on you.  I'm getting ready to post my "progress"  Break out the cone of shame.  LOL 

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8703491_f248.jpg

9. Grant's World profile image80
    Grant's Worldposted 10 years ago

Good luck on 30 hubs in 30 days.
    I tried it once and dropped out after 21 I think was the number.
    I am sure you can do it, best of luck.

HAHA, joke's on me.  I threw down a challenge for myself and haven't posted ONE yet.  Between getting sick and then getting a special needs puppy I've been EXHAUSTED!  I've got a few started but I keep thinking quality not quantity!  Thanks for the words of encouragement.  My 30 days aren't up yet! smile

10. TarrinLupo profile image60

I am on pace, 15 for 15 days, but I am killing my poor editor.

Whoops!  I just saw this.  AWESOME SAUCE!

11. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 10 years ago

I did it! I did it! 36 hubs in January (so far).

My new goal is to publish 30 hubs every month. In months with 31 days I have one day to clean up my account. In months with 28 days, I have to write two hubs on two days, but oh, well. No big deal. I obviously did that a few times this month.

I'm awesome! lol

that's AWESOME!  And yes you are!  I'm still stubborn enough to think I'm going to post 30 hubs in 30 days. That gives me 30 hubs to write in 26 days.  It's not impossible!  I'm getting ready to post one and I've got a recipe as well so...  that will be 2 today! smile

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
        Everyday Miraclesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The key is to write about things that you're really passionate about. I find that if I enjoy the subject matter, I can crank out as many as three of them in a day without batting an eyelash. If you're writing about something you love, it is /so much easier/.

I've been here five years (accolades are sometimes slow to update) and I've only just managed to accomplish this, even though it's not my first attempt.

2. TarrinLupo profile image60
      TarrinLupoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are awesome, well played and Kudos.   I know it will pay off big time.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
        Everyday Miraclesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much! I loved doing it (: Most of them were on a side account (beckisgiftguides) and not on this account, though I did publish three here this month. My numbers were off: I actually published 37 hubs in January. I forgot about the one about shooting stars (which is one of my all-time favorite hubs of mine!).

12. profile image52
    Sarah Hammondposted 10 years ago

I want to join you! Today is a good day to start a 30 day challenge since it is the first of a new month. However, there are only 28 days in February, so a couple days will require some overtime. I'm a complete noob by the way.

woot woot!  Let's do it!  I'll be your huckleberry.  It's okay to be a newbie.  I am too.  What we don't have in experience we can make up in enthusiasm smile

13. ilikegames profile image63
    ilikegamesposted 10 years ago

I only just got my first Hub out the door but this would be a great way to get started on using HubPages, count me in!

I mentioned it earlier - shoot for the moon - you'll still land with the stars.  It's a great challenge.  Let's do it!  smile

1. ilikegames profile image63
        ilikegamesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just published  my second Hub after two days so I guess that means I'm on track for the challenge so far smile

sweet!  Keep it up - and keep us updated smile

14. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

It helps to post the hubs you've completed on the forum too.
    Doing that makes you more accountable to yourself and lets other writers see your work. 

Good luck. I tried doing a challenge and only ended up with something like 26 finished. Life interfered. I'd join in, but I am busy updating my website right now.

Hi Barbara - tell me about it!  The day after I posted this challenge the special needs puppy adoption came through.  I haven't dealt with 3 hour sleep shifts since my kids were newborn.  LOL  Plugging along anyway.
      What a great idea to post my hubs here too.  Thanks!  smile

15. merej99 profile image74

Ok - so I posted this six days ago.  That was Sunday night just before I went to bed so...  Hmm...  Keeping myself honest I officially started Monday, January 27th and I've posted 2 hubs so far.  Could be worse!  smile

Posted another hub.  Way off track but that's okay!  I've got 2 in the wings, rejected one and working another recipe. 
      How 'bout a check in? 
      @ilikegames
      @Sarah Hammond
      @TarrinLupo
      @misslong123
      @Dorothy Daly
      @mayashappyplace

2. merej99 profile image74

Okay, I'm up to 4 hubs!  Way behind on the challenge but not sweating it.  At least I'm writing.  smile

1. TarrinLupo profile image60
        TarrinLupoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Go girl!  mine are stuck in editing.  I can go this fast, I don't think my editor can.

2. merej99 profile image74

update:  I've got a hub that I've been working on and it's a deep subject so it's been mentally exhausting trying to get it done.  I'll be checking on you TarrinLupo! btw - just call me Mere (like mare the horse - not mere as in diminutive. LOL)

16. misslong123 profile image84

I have published 2 this week and one is almost ready to go. I'll include links to them when I get a chance! I had the nasty flu this winter so didn't get much writing done. Now I may have caught a stomach bug so we will see how long I can keep this writing momentum up. I appreciate the encouragement though as I am not always feeling motivated. Great job to you all as well as you are moving along. I will just have to see how fast I can publish 30. Michele

So glad you're feeling better!  This is a no-pressure challenge.  Just glad to write and keep the words flowing!  Of course if you make it (and I hope you do) GREAT!  I'm way, waaaaay behind but that's okay.  I'm shooting for evergreen, featured work so if I can do 2 or 3 in a week I'll be a happy camper!  I've been dealing with a nine week old puppy.  It's almost as bad as having babies in diapers again...without the diapers!  I'm pooped!  LOL

17. misslong123 profile image84

Here are the links to the new hubs I have written so far for this challenge:

http://misslong123.hubpages.com/hub/Top … nline-Date

http://misslong123.hubpages.com/hub/Sel … ho-You-Are

http://misslong123.hubpages.com/hub/Mee … -Soul-Mate

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed writing them!

Regards,
    Michele

18. misslong123 profile image84

http://misslong123.hubpages.com/hub/Sel … aintenance

Enjoy! Let me know what you think! Keep me posted on your progress - everyone!

19. merej99 profile image74

Alas - I've got one more week to go and I've managed to post 4 hubs and start 4 more.  Way, way short of my 30 hubs in 30 days BUT I have been writing every single day - just not here.
    I'm going to wait until the beginning of March and start a new challenge - one a little more realistic now that I've started freelancing.  Will post a new thread when the time comes!

Will you join me?  smile

20. misslong123 profile image84

I would most certainly enjoy doing one that is more realistic. Send me a message or something when you are ready. smile

21. Foodeee profile image60
    Foodeeeposted 10 years ago

I am very interested in this project. Not exactly sure how it all works but I'll do some looking around and see.

1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
      Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is very simple, all you need to do is post a hub a day for 30 days! If you miss a day, post two the next day to catch up! 30 hubs in 30 days. Stop by here for motivation if you need some! Good luck!

22. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

I am doing the 30 hubs in 30 days and not only am I enjoying the writing aspect, but I am learning a ton! What a great way to expand your writing portfolio, gain great writing practice and challenge your creativity! Maybe I'll do this next month too! (Yes, I am a stickler for self-punishment wink )

The beauty is that you are pushing yourself to write content but you are also trying to get a Featured hub so you can be a part of the Grow the Hub Pot Challenge that ends at the end of the month!  The more hubs the greater your chances, right?
      I've been sidetracked with a more lucrative freelance job so I've been writing for someone else and my own hubs are waiting - though I've got a few great titles started!  smile

23. purnimamoh1982 profile image79
    purnimamoh1982posted 10 years ago

I am ready. Let the count start from today.

All right!  Let's get CRAZY smile

24. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

Get crazy? You clearly don't know my psychiatrist! But I can get writing! wink

25. purnimamoh1982 profile image79

Hi all, Have published my second hub on the second day. Its too tiring and at times makes your mind blank when you complete a hub. But it makes a lot of sense in terms of getting tuned with the purpose. Please visit my hubs and comment. (2)  http://purnimamoh1982.hubpages.com/hub/ … ifty-Years and (1) http://purnimamoh1982.hubpages.com/hub/ … vilisation

Best wishes

26. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 10 years ago

I will be starting the 30 day challenge today.  Isr post tomosrow.  SATURDAy

27. purnimamoh1982 profile image79

Best wishes barryrutherford. Please keep us informed about your hubs.

28. R Richards profile image61
    R Richardsposted 9 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I am in need of a challenge. Count me in!
    I have created my first post. It is a basic topic/review just to get me started. I used to love to write but got caught up in life. Now I have the time and energy to get back to the things I love. Hubpages is all so new to me but I am ready to go "back to school" Hubpage style.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)