jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I am new to Hubpages and I'm wondering how I can increase traffic to my hubs. An

1. marcJ profile image79
    marcJposted 5 years ago

I am new to Hubpages and I'm wondering how I can increase traffic to my hubs. Any suggestions?

I've noticed that after a few days of not writing hubs, I've gotten almost no views. I'm wondering what causes this, or if I've just not been around long enough yet. Any help is appreciated.

2. Jaggedfrost profile image80
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago
  3. Cliff Mendrez profile image88
    Cliff Mendrezposted 5 years ago

Since you're new here at HubPages, it's normal to have no views when you stop publishing hubs. Every time you publish a hub, it can be seen by other hubbers by clicking on the explore hubs at the top of the page then selecting the latest tab. Your lack of followers also contribute to your traffic dilemma. But don't worry too much. Just continue writing and your hubs will eventually get picked up by the search engines, providing you have knowledge about SEO. You will also get more followers so your hubs will have a better chance of being read by other hubbers here. You can also promote your hubs via social networking and bookmarking sites.

4. profile image0
    Rob Pennposted 5 years ago

You need to learn on-page SEO (search engine optimisation) and off-page SEO.

On-page SEO is how you create your hub to make it search engine friendly. I have a hub on my profile page "SEO Tips" you might find useful. Learn about keywords.

Off-page SEO includes building backlinks. Join some forums about gardening or farming and share your tips and put a link back to your hubs in your forum signature.