jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Need to change link description, or copy entire hub to a newly formed link. Hel

1. discovery2020 profile image86
    discovery2020posted 5 years ago

Need to change link description, or copy entire hub to a newly formed link.  Help with either.

I started a new hub and completed it.  I realized the link is incorrect.  If I can not change it, how do I start all over and copy entire hub to new link?

2. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image86
    HeadlyvonNogginposted 5 years ago

Are you referring to the hub URL created when you first name a new hub? If so, I have yet to find a way to edit this URL once it's set. If you decide after creating the initial template that you want to rename your hub, the URL will still reflect the initial name given. The only way I know of to correct this is to create a new hub with the correct name and recreate the content, deleting the previous hub. If there is another way to do this I would love to know how.

1. JamaGenee profile image85
      JamaGeneeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There isn't.  The only way is to do what you described.

3. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

discovery2020, don't worry about the URL being "incorrect". Nobody ever looks at the URL at Hubpages OR as a result on a search engine.  The only thing that matters is if the URL, no matter how it's worded, gets people to that hub when they click on it. 

Also, by copying the entire hub to a new link, you lose whatever "aging" the original hub had.  "Age" (even a few days) is an important factor in determining the hub's score as well as the page rank it gets on Google.  The older the hub, the higher the ranking.

Personally, I wish the URL was the LAST thing to be created when making a new hub, rather than the first thing when you may not have a clear idea yet of the title or content of the hub.  Just my opinion.

1. discovery2020 profile image86
      discovery2020posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jama.  Great response and well described information.  I agree.  I wish we could wait until the last as well as this isn't the first time I had reason to change the URL.  Thanks for your help and BTW, beautiful photo of you!

working