jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is it true that you can make money asking questions on HubPages? If so, how doe

1. inevitablesecrets profile image74
    inevitablesecretsposted 5 years ago

Is it true that you can make money asking questions on HubPages?  If so, how does it work?

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

Yes it's true. It works the same way you make money from writing Hubs.

Your questions include AdSense ads with the same 60/40 split as with your Hubs. Search engines can pick up your questions. And if they relate to things people are searching for, you can get some good organic traffic.

HubPages also keeps track of stats that you can see by clicking the "Stat" tab on each question (same as on Hubs) which shows you where the traffic is coming from, and how many hits per day, week, month or always.

The stats also show you the keywords people used to find your question.

Your questions become somewhat of a mini-forum where people can give answers and others can comment on the answers.

You can also moderate the answers in case someone leaves inappropriate, meaningless, or unrelated answers.

I think the Q&A is a powerful feature in HubPages and can be very useful for research and education on various topics. This can bring in some nice revenue as traffic builds up on your questions.

1. LaThing profile image73
      LaThingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info....

2. KevinTimothy profile image82
      KevinTimothyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Heck, I've been on Hubpages for at least a year and this is news to me!  Thanks a lot, Glen.  This truly has to be one of the best kept secrets on the internet.  Go Hubpages!

3. Availiasvision profile image83
      Availiasvisionposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That was an excellent explanation.  I've noticed that my question revenue shows up in my Adsense account, and not the HubPages ad program account.

3. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 5 years ago

Interesting question for me as a newbie and certainly one which I think I might act upon as I go along.
    Many thanks
    Topaz Blue