jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Does HubPages penalize those who spam questions?

1. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

Does HubPages penalize those who spam questions?

I really like reading and responding to interesting questions, but I can't stand when one person asks several questions in a row.  They are clearly asking questions solely for ranking benefit, and it seems to run counter to the culture of HP.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Since HP now has questions on your own subdomain people are just trying to rank and get traffic along with potential clicks. It's irritating but that's how it is

3. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Not saying on hubpages, spam is not accepted on most sites.

T. R. Brownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

If they aren't penalizing'em, I wish they would start. I used to enjoy scanning thru the questions section but now all I see are dozens of questions, all of which are variations on the same subject, posted by the same people.

5. angied83 profile image80
    angied83posted 5 years ago

I dont know if HP penalizes those who spam Questions. I wish they would. I find it extremely annoying to read what might be classified as 'silly questions', especially when a single user asks a bunch of silly questions in a row.

Especially when they are almost the same question asked in slightly different ways.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image86
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I have answered before...and got several down votes... but if I see 10 questions in a row from someone I tend not to even look at them.

That is interesting, so are you thinking that other hubbers are giving you down votes because you answered the spammy question?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image86
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Or they post 10 questions every day smile

working