Hey, how important would you say using keywords in H2/H3 tags is?

1. skylergreene profile image61
    skylergreeneposted 5 years ago

Hey, how important would you say using keywords in H2/H3 tags is?

I use H1 tags in all of my articles, but I have a bad habit of forgetting to subcategorize my points into H2, H3, etc.  Is it worth the time to go back and add them in all of my old Hubs, or should I just not worry about it and remember to utilize them going forward?

Thanks.  You rock smile

2. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I think it breaks up your article and by using keywords in h2 this may make it easier for someone to find the information they need from the subject you are writing.  I would not worry about it because you do not want to make it seem like you are trying to fool the search engines.

3. ktrapp profile image96
    ktrappposted 5 years ago

Hey Skyler. I would say it is important to use H2 tags and maybe even some H3 tags, but not necessarily because of keywords (obviously we all know not to keyword-stuff).

The heading tags provide value in another way. Actually I wrote a hub about it awhile ago. (SEO Techniques: Heading Tags for HubPages or any Website) Basically though, heading tags are important for categorization purposes for both the human reader and the searchbot.

Have you ever seen the menu for Cheesecake Factory? It's huge - basically a book. Now imagine trying to find the turkey club sandwich (my favorite)  within all those pages if there were not any headings (appetizers, hamburgers, pasta, sandwiches, etc.). Headings serve the same purpose for people looking at a website, and for search bots that need to index information.The hub will go into more detail if you're interested.

Whether or not you should go back and add them to older hubs is obviously up to you. But if you did not originally break the text up into separate capsules you still can add H2 tags by using the dropdown in the text capsule. Otherwise, the capsule subtitle is coded as H2.