jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why was my request removed?

1. profile image0
    tagtopicsposted 10 years ago

I wrote a request called "With the rise of social networking, is the internet now mainly for recreation or business?" because I thought this would result in a number of different views from various users.

It's been 'removed by moderator' and I don't understand why. It's not promotional or adult orintated - it's just a question about the current trend of using the internet as a social and recreational tool instead of a business tool.

Can anyone give me an idea why it might have been dumped?

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 10 years ago

tagtopics -

When you enter a request, this is the text at the top:

HubPages Requests are where you can ask for detailed information or advice in the form of a Hub. Requests are not for simple expressions of opinion ("What is your favorite...") or very simple questions ("What is a..."). Put in a Request for questions you simply can't find good enough answers already on the Web.

- Jason

3. profile image0

Thanks Jason,

Just a bit of re-wording needed then. Perhaps I should have read the page a bit more clearly!

4. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 10 years ago

No worries. If you'd like to make it the starting point for a discussion about opinions, you might consider starting it as a topic in the Technology Forum.

- Jason

5. profile image0

Not sure how it would fit in 'technology' although it might be worth starting an opinions forum!

...No, then again it would just end up becoming a slagging match

6. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 10 years ago

Speaking of the rise of social networking:

http://creativecapital.wordpress.com/20 … omment-135

working