jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why there is no capsule to embed flash animation in our hubs? what is alternativ

1. pedagog profile image81
    pedagogposted 5 years ago

Why there is no capsule to embed flash animation in our hubs? what is alternative way?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6621319_f260.jpg

2. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

I don't know what HubPages' reason is for not providing a capsule to insert flash animations into, but if I was the owner of HubPages I would want the best for my writers, so that in turn I would benefit from the activities and successes of my writers on my site. I wouldn't allow flash because it's not search engine friendly and can also often slow down the time taken for a page to open - people with slower Internet connections wouldn't bother to wait that long before they could read your page. Although images can enhance a hub (and you can upload images if you want to) HubPages is more about text content and writing, than images.

3. plussize-lingerie profile image59
    plussize-lingerieposted 5 years ago

Flash is search engine friendly these days, or rather Google is Flash friendly, but I doubt they would add Flash to Hubpages as it would enable you to embed pretty much anything you wanted, such as copyright material or spammy links, so I doubt they would ever add it.

Animation on the web can be done in several other ways, such as javascript and html, but I don't believe they are supported. The only image format that natively supports animation is the old animated GIF format. I don't know if you can add those to hubs as I've never tried, but I would have thought that might work.

Ask yourself what genuine benefit any animation gives the end reader though.

1. Tony Flanigan profile image60
      Tony Flaniganposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Flash is Search Engine friendly? oh...

Flash will be around for a while yet, but it is going the same way as tables for website design and dinosaurs.

Misuse and abuse of copyright materials will always exist, irrespective of the media being used.

working