Have you written a round-up hub linking to related hubs?

1. ProCW profile image81
    ProCWposted 5 years ago

Have you written a round-up hub linking to related hubs?

If so, how has it benefited your traffic and/or followship? How much weight does crosslinking hold in the eyes of a search engine? If not, what are you waiting on?

2. TrahnTheMan profile image60
    TrahnTheManposted 5 years ago

This isn't an especially helpful answer, but just so you know someone out there is listening(!): I've listed some of my other hubs in a couple of my hubs, but I've no evidence to suggest that doing so has had any significant effect generating more traffic, but for the fact that I've received comments from readers who presumably went to my other hubs having seen the links to them in the original hub they read.

Good question though-- I'll be interested to see other answers...

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

I published one Hub that is a table of contents for all my "HubPages Support" Hubs.  I was thinking of doing the same for other Hubs since I write hubs in many different categories.

However, I found that I don't get much search engine traffic direct to that Hub. I can think of two reasons why...

1. The table of contents does not offer any value by itself.
    2. All the outgoing links to other hubs drains link juice (as Google's Mat Cuts likes to say). This reduces its ranking.

I did discover that placing links to all the individual categories in my profile works so much better. And that covers all topics I write about, with links that display only the Hubs in that specific category. Being in my profile, rather than a Hub, makes it much more accessible to be found and used.

working