The related hubs shown in every hub is not at all related to that hub.
It is simply the "Best" Hubs from that category.
If it is selected based on the keyword or tag there would be much more similar hubs that the readers would be interested.
Now the problem is that best hubs in each category would be shown in every hub in that category.
This will give 10% hubbers huge internal traffic in addition to search engine traffic , even if their hubs are not related to that hub. And the remaining 90 % hubbers who have written real related hubs will miss traffic.
I brought this up a LONG time ago... Didn't do any good as far as I could tell... I went as far as checked out what category the related hubs were in to see if they were considered related because of the category, but they weren't.
I had automotive, health, crafts, etc. as being related to dog health for example. I don't remember the specifics, but the related hubs were way off. No similar tags and not even in the same category.
Hubpages team should take a look at the related hubs from a visitor's point of view.
There are a number of different issues here...
Groups: You can move your hubs around into various groups that you create. Grouping is useful for forcing only similar hubs to appear at the bottom of your other hubs where it gives the reader two other choices. Groups can be assigned when you create a hub and can be moved later.
Categories: You also assign this when you create a hub and you can change it anytime later. The list of your Favorite Topics on your profile is organized according to how you specified your categories.
Best Hubs: The best hubs list in your profile is controlled by how many thumbs up you get. Not by the category or group. You really have no control over this one, except to write good original content that will force it into that list.
Hope this helps.
I think she means other peoples hubs in the anchored column on the right. So far i've not seen any hubs that were completely off subject from my own subject since I carefully choose the topic ,subtopic and detailed topic as precisely as it relates to my hub. Are you guys adding the subtopic caregory and detailed topic category to your hub or leaving it broad.
by Simone Haruko Smith 6 years ago
Last week, we announced on the HubPages blog that we are giving Hubs a makeover, and that the new Hub layout will be first tested in the Fashion and Beauty category.I am happy to say that the change is now live! Stop by some Fashion and Beauty Hubs to see it live.One thing you'll notice about this...
by kab 4 years ago
At the bottom of the lens it has related hubs. Is there a way to exclude some hubs from showing there, or to encourage better (more related) ones by limiting the category or using keywords or hand picking them or something?For example, my lens on a simple wooden toy is getting horror movies...
by Carolee Samuda 3 years ago
So I'm replying to a comment on my hub and upon scrolling through the hub (I always check for errors or how I can improve), I see the related hubs section. There are five hubs there including one of mine. What immediately got my attention is that the other four hubs has "editors choice"...
by Eugene Brennan 14 months ago
I've had links to my own related hubs snipped on several occasions (mostly blatant lists at the end of a hub), but some links have been left in place after several snips. So is it acceptable to include a link to a hub which may be very relevant to the specific content in a section of a hub, if it...
by Simone Haruko Smith 6 years ago
Hello everyone!Thanks so much for all the feedback you've provided regarding the new Hub design. We've taken it to heart and have rolled out two updates to the design:1. If you put your Hubs into a Group, the Hub featured in the top right sidebar will be the next Hub in that Group2. The footer will...
by Marcy Goodfleisch 3 years ago
Do you have ideas on ways HP could improve the site or its usability in the coming year? No flaming, please; hoping to have some serious and helpful suggestions for staff to consider.Please share your ideas on: - How the site can improve Google rankings? - How the site can drive...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|