This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How do I place a particular size Google ad in a particular space on my hubs?

1. discovery2020 profile image86
    discovery2020posted 5 years ago

How do I place a particular size Google ad in a particular space on my hubs?

While studying Google Adsense for Content I continue to read where they suggest particular places on my hub to place their ads.  Google ads come up automatically on my hubs and I have no control over them, yet Google says to place (they even suggest certain sizes) their ads just above content and to the left of content, etc.  I know how to do this with eBay and Amazon, but not with Google ads.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You have no control over size or placement of ads on HubPages.  It's all handled automatically.

discovery2020posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is what I thought, but why do they continue in Google Analytics to inform us the best places to place our ads if we have no control?

3. lafamillia profile image80
    lafamilliaposted 5 years ago

What You CAN control is the NUMBER of Ad's by clicking on "Settings" tab, while editing Your hub, and then in Commercial Level, choose... smile I hope I've helped You someway,

Yes and thanks, but what I don't understand is why Google Analytics continues to tell you the best places to put ads on your hubs and the best sizes of ads to place on your hubs if we have no control?

4. chaystar profile image60
    chaystarposted 5 years ago

As relache said, Hubpages has their own set size & location for Adsense ads unfortunately, their suggestions are for websites that you own (and have HTML code access to).
    Also, those areas Google is suggesting are the areas where other websites have had high CTR percentages, and not just for your specific hub, and are suggesting it to you assuming that you have control over the placements, which we don't have here on Hubpages.

Thanks, chaystar.  That answer finally makes sense.

5. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

To have control over where your Adsense ads are placed, you'd have to have your own site or at least use Blogger. Generally owners of a site get to choose where to place their Adsense ads, and in the case of HubPages, members are not the owners of the site.

Appreciate the response.

2. Teresa Schultz profile image80
      Teresa Schultzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks discovery2020

working