jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Adsense clicks: Do you think anyone really bothers to scroll all the way down to

1. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

Adsense clicks: Do you think anyone really bothers to scroll all the way down to the bottom of hubs?

In the technology category, particularly - two big Adsense ads are only right down at the bottom of the page, beyond the last comment. Do many people bother to scroll that far down on a page? I guess it would make the site look a little untidy if a 120 x 600 or a 160 x 600 vertical skyscraper Adsense ad was placed down the left or right of the technology hubs, and that the current blank spaces either side of technology hubs looks neater?

2. tapasrecipe profile image59
    tapasrecipeposted 5 years ago

Hi Teresa,
    nothing actually to do with your question, apart from I have noticed that ads seem to be taking  second place, in a more obscure position, more and more frequently, not sure what the powers that be are up to but I think they should share the wealth around a bit more, people contribute, make a site in fact, give it value for when it is floated for 20 mil 60 mil and people seem happy that they earned peanuts for their contribution, I reckon all the big sites  need to value the workers more, appreciate them more, all of them facebook, pinterest, squidoo etc etc, they are all guilty, they are nothing without the writers. ;-)
    Hello Relache

Love a good rant on a  sunday it´s that stand in preaches fault he gets me all riled up xxxx

Teresa Schultzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually I feel your reply has everything to do with my question - thank you.

tapasrecipeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

;-)

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If the author has created quality content that address whatever it was the reader was looking for and the information on the entire Hub is useful to them, there is actually pretty good chance they will wind up scrolling all the way down as they read the entire Hub.

Being really clear with your title and presenting a concise intro that makes it clear what all is in the Hub helps a lot.  But a Hub visitor who sees the top and doesn't think the rest of the Hub is useful to them won't just scroll down.

Thanks for the tips, relache - I was more concerned though that for eg when people read a hub, they do scroll down reading comments, and stop scrolling at the comment box, because there is no reason to scroll down any further.

Now I understand what you mean Teresa, I haven´t been on Hubpages for a while, busy doing other things, but have just visited a few mixed hubs and they all only have one ad to the right, and three Titchy little ones right at the bottom, bonkers

3. Teresa Schultz profile image80

@ tapasrecipe - right at the bottom of the hub, three little tichy ones, yes, and two big nice ones right at the bottom of the PAGE, beyond even the comment box - on the tech category hubs, anyway. I wish there were two ads "above the fold."

4. tapasrecipe profile image59

It´s so wrong, some people are going to get very rich out of this, you think they would give the people who will make them rich a fair chance to earn money along the way.

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

No, I don't think those ads at the bottom are getting as much attention as the ads at the top, and depending on the article, probably none at all.  As an internet user, I tend to ignore stuff at the bottom of the page below the article and/or comments, and I imagine other visitors to hubpages do the same.

As far as other user-contributed revenue sharing sites go, I think Wizzley has the best ad placement.  Infobarrel has better ad placement than HP, though their site layout could still be improved in my opinion.  On IB my click through rate is still much better than on HP.

I have some links to these and other revenue sharing sites on my profile page if you're interested.  At the very least, you can write for other sites as a way to build more backlinks to your hubs. (That's what I do.)

Thanks for your answer and tips!

working