jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you delete poorly performing hubs?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

Do you delete poorly performing hubs?

Have you benefitted from this? How?

2. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

I don't delete them, but I have unpublished a few that weren't performing well.  I plan to re-write them and eventually republish.  I have started a few hubs that I just lost interest in writing, or thought others would do a better job than I.  Those I have deleted.   It is better to re-write, add links, pictures, quizzes, and amazon capsules   than to delete.  Your hub took time to write and your time is valuable; redeem your poorly performing hubs, don't exile them

3. Aki Macropoulos profile image60
    Aki Macropoulosposted 5 years ago

No ! I just try to improve them on line. I agree with tirelesstraveler that every hub apart from performance has value for the writer

4. Anishpat profile image80
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

I generally don't delete my older hubs, just like some of the other members who have answered. I don't see a reason to do so. One can improve it, change the title, update the information and make them perform better. In any case, a few hits is still better than no hits at all and in the long run, every single hit counts.

5. m0rd0r profile image75
    m0rd0rposted 5 years ago

No, I try to collect more information and improve them.

And once, I merged 4 hubs in 2, so they grew to more than 1500 words.

The benefit were, a bit more organic search traffic to them after the big G re-indexed them.

6. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I use to when I first started but now I think about how I can make it better, refresh it and maybe get more or better photos. I think about a better title then I re-write it. If it still bombs, I use it as an experience and learning curve.

7. myownlife profile image41
    myownlifeposted 5 years ago

There is no point to delete whatsoever, No one is perfect and none of us are born perfect, learning by doing, instead help them, Cheers

working