jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you really need to do SEO to promote your hub?

1. ssat profile image59
    ssatposted 5 years ago

Do you really need to do SEO to promote your hub?

Should I focus on SEO (creating backlinks) to achieve recognition or should I focus only on creation of good content and wait for organic backlinks.

2. RASO profile image71
    RASOposted 5 years ago

You must do both. Any traffic is better than no traffic smile

3. nakmeister profile image81
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

Google has wised up to internet writers and marketers creating lots of backlinks to try and improve their search ranking, and so focusing a lot on creating backlinks may backfire on you.

To promote your hubs I would concentrate on choosing good topics that people are searching for, a keyword rich title and not do too much else.

I would however create links between your hubs, both within hubs and also grouping your hubs. Social sharing is good for boosting your traffic too.

I'm not saying don't do backlinks - if you can get links to your articles on prominent websites all the better, and many websites will give a direct boost to your traffic from people clicking on links. Just don't go after backlinks just for SEO as it may cause you more problems that it's worth. There's a long thread in the forums somewhere from hubpages admin strongly warning against  dodgy backlinking.

4. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Use on page SEO - good strong titles and subtitles and tags. Make them as search engine friendly as possible.

If you choose right you don't need backlinks - other people will build them for you.