jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Should Hubpages start adding captcha to hub comments?

1. hotwebideas profile image74
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

Should Hubpages start adding captcha to hub comments?

Hey guys, I love Hubpages and as my progress grows, I see my Hubpages account improving in all areas, as so many of you are probably seeing too?

However, there is a new issue that is creeping up and that is spam in comments. I have now deleted about 7 spams from comments in several of my hubs.

Do you think adding Captcha would lower the spam or would that discourage comments?

2. michiganman567 profile image82
    michiganman567posted 5 years ago

that would definitely discourage comments.  I hate captcha.  I had a few spammy comments one day, I deleted them and no problem.  I think that we as writers can moderate a little spam once in a while rather than type in captcha all the time.

3. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 5 years ago

No I would not be in favor of Captcha on comments. I know that I would stop taking the time to comment on Hubs and I'm sure other people would as well.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Definately not the captcha is the worse thing since sliced bread, and that is pretty rough.

5. plussizepixie profile image66
    plussizepixieposted 5 years ago

I don't get many spammy comments but when I do I just delete them so it isn't a major issue for me. However I don't have that many hubs so I can see that if you do it could be a headache.

6. staceyh profile image78
    staceyhposted 5 years ago

I'm still pretty new here, so I don't know if spam comments are posted a lot, but I haven't seen any around. Most people don't like Captcha and I think it would discourage people from commenting.

7. Lipnancy profile image93
    Lipnancyposted 5 years ago

I would not be in favor of Captcha either. Nothing annoys me more than captcha. I agree, I would be less willing to make comments.

8. Amy Hyun profile image73
    Amy Hyunposted 5 years ago

Nope, it will annoying to type in those letters and numbers each time I leave a comment.