jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you thought of shifting to other writing sites, but decided to stick/stay w

1. yougotme profile image90
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Have you thought of shifting to other writing sites, but decided to stick/stay with Hubpages?

If yes, what made you think of shifting? And what made you decide to stay?

2. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Actually, I haven't wanted to switch to other writing sites INSTEAD  of Hub Pages.  While I am a member here at H.P., I have joined another writer's website.... The other one I now belong to is called Faithwriters.com and I like it a lot....I have about 5 articles published there.... I want to stay with H. P. because it's so much fun and there are so many sweet people I have met here!..... faithwriters.com has one other aspect of it that H.P. doesn't have, and that is: publishers read your articles and if they like what you've written, they will get in touch with you to hire you....You may want to check them out.

3. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

Hi yougotme,

At present and being new to all this I find all my time is taken up with HP. Writing hubs, reading hubs, asking questions, answering questions, replying to comments and rereading the learning centre.

I have also spent a lot of time reading the "HP success story" hubbers to gain a little insight.

I read as much as I can about successful article writing on the "net" and the overwhelming message coming through is that you need your own website or blog along side HP.

From my perspective as a new hubber and someone who has never written anything before, HP is a fantastic, fabulous platform to test the water and see if anyone is interested in what you write and more importantly, does anyone like what you write.

I for one will be staying with this fabulous HP site for one main reason. This site gave me my start in "online writing" and it is very important to remember and respect those who gave you your start in life or in your first job and so on.

I am looking at my own website and blog but won't pursue these avenues until I'm sure I know what I'm doing.

For me at present, "Hubpages Rocks"

and I won't be leaving, unless of course they ask me to, ha,

MJ.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I think most people do write for more than one site, I certainly do. It's wise not to rely on just one site.

5. WebsiteConfetti profile image64
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

I have my own niche blogs and I used to write for other sites too, but I am in the process of transferring all my articles from other writing sites (that don't fit in with my own blogs) onto Hub Pages. I have had more success with Hub Pages, and sometimes my  articles which are popular on other sites and get high amounts of traffic generate little revenue due to not being in the right tier (squidoo)

HP Ad program works for me, so for the time being Im  going to focus on it only. I like how we get paid her for impressions and not clicks. For some reason  I must always choose topics which never get any adsense clicks, so getting paid for impressions is fantastic!

6. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

When the last site I wrote on folded (Viewshound) I was at a loss where to go. Then I realized I had signed up with HubPages two years ago. Although I tried different sites, the one site that has solidified my commitment is HubPages. For me, I don't write anywhere else, unless it is my blog.

working