jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How Do I Ask for Opinions Without Promoting Myself?

1. Robert Kernodle profile image89
    Robert Kernodleposted 7 years ago

Hi,

I want to ask members of the hubpages arts/crafts forum which of five of my art images they like the best.  Artists are always interested in who likes what best, in order to know what works.  An arts forum is a good place to get such opinions or feedback.

But to do this, I have to link to one or to several of my hubs on art, which seems to be a violation of hubpages protocol.

I really want to know preferences, and I also realize that linking is self promotion.

When YOU are the product, it's hard not to prmote yourself anytime you talk about or refer to what you do.  Society seems to have a suspicious bias about the first person endeavor.  I suspect that this needs to change, because valid, worthwhile pursuits happen in the name of one's own signature.

Robert

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think you might get away with it if you only posted the title of the hub or hubs in question, but not an actual link, which would probably be snipped. People could then go and track down the article on your profile page very easily.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
        mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just another idea, but there is a way you can post pictures under your forum posts too, but I can never quite remember how you do it.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You can ask for opinions and put links in the Extreme Hub Makeover thread.  That's what it is for.

working