jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does hub writing challenge your mind?

1. CloudExplorer profile image80
    CloudExplorerposted 5 years ago

Does hub writing challenge your mind?

If it does indeed pose a challenge for you to write a yet a single hub, please explain how so, and what makes it such a challenge for you. (Hub writing Bonus) If it isn't challenging to write a hub for you, try to write a hub as an answer to this question, that can provide new hubber's, and those having trouble with hub writing some useful insight, on how to improve their hub writing capabilities, research, use of imagery, topics, hub grouping, titling, etc.......

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5639442_f260.jpg

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

In a sense, the answer is both yes and no. I am a prolific writer. For example, I published 24 hubs last month, and I got into a very good flow.

And it is also true that I take each article I write on HubPages as a challenge - a challenge to be a better writer, especially to be more authentic and emotionally open. I also challenge myself to improve my use of technical tools like images, tables, and maps.

Also, and this is important for beginners, even though I'd written and published nine books before I came to HubPages, I was scared at first, and it took time and commitment to get myself going.

How did I get through it - and how do I get through it now? By reading! I read hubs, post positive comments, and answer questions until the writing flows. Knowing that HubPages is full of caring writers and readers like you helps me engage my best self and do my best writing.

Thanks, CloudExplorer, for the question. I hope it encourages many people to write more, and to do better writing. I'm back to writing now!

3. viewfinders profile image67
    viewfindersposted 5 years ago

sometimes writing challenge our mind, as writing about different topics in informative and truthful way is very important for a writer.
    For beginners it is important to maintain an open mind.

4. crisfirm profile image60
    crisfirmposted 5 years ago

Hi, i'm new in HubPages , many times we read articles , newspapers , magazines , books, etc, but is very different to write your own article, book or even a comment.
    If it's a challenge? YES IT IS because when you write a HubPage you must organize in your mind what you are going to write. If you don't do that, somewhere in the text the words and phrases perhaps don't make any sense in the context of what you are trying to explain others. So for me this is  VERY BIG CHALLENGE, that i normally don't notice because when you read an HubPage , behind that someone needed to challenge is own mind for you. So HubPages after all is about writing with quality , in grammar but also in the themes you choose to talk.

working