jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How do you make those nice, neat text boxes with the colored backgrounds in your

1. Farmer Rachel profile image99
    Farmer Rachelposted 5 years ago

How do you make those nice, neat text boxes with the colored backgrounds in your articles?

I love them! You really organize the information nicely. Maybe this is a dumb question (lol) but I can't seem to figure out how to make those cute, useful little text boxes. Thanks!

2. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Make sure your text box is moved to the right. You won't see the background option if you leave the text box the regular size. You probably have already noticed that. Click on edit to edit the text capsule. Under the place for a capsule subheading, you will see "background" and three little boxes: one is white, one is gray, and the third one is blue. Click on one of those, and Voila!

It took me a while to figure that out, too. I just never noticed where it says "background." Good luck!

Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I'll have to play with the little boxes and the background colors next time I publish a hub. But someone should let me know if I go overboard wink

3. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
    The Dirt Farmerposted 5 years ago

It's not a dumb question! I just realized not long ago that it could be done.

Open a text box, plug in your copy and click the arrow so that the box moves to the right side of the page. At that point, you'll be able to check a little box at the top of the textbox, selecting either gray or blue as a background color.

You can't add a background color if the textbox goes completely across the page or is on the left, just as you can't choose a background color for Amazon products and tables that are not on the righthand side of the page.

Hope I explained that clearly. If I didn't, send me a message and I'll try again.

Have fun!

--Jill

Farmer Rachelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oooh, I get it! You know, I didn't even realize you could move text capsules to the right, like you can pictures or Amazon products. Makes sense. Thanks!

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
      The Dirt Farmerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oops! I didn't see VL's answer when I responded! Sort of redundant, huh?

working