jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Vermont?

1. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

Anyone here have any knowledge of Vermont?

What I do know:

Cost of living is 4% less than where I am at, taxes are higher
    Schools seem good
    Winter is basically same as here
    Summer is colder/rainier
    Wages are less
    Housing is a LOT more expensive

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 8 years ago

My sister lived there for a while, she said she liked it. I know it is very pretty countryside. Are you moving?

3. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 8 years ago

I've been there many, many times! It's a liberal state. It's expensive. It's a beautiful part of the country. Winters can be quite cold especially in the mountains which is where I've spent most of my time mainly skiing. The last time I was there I skied in 26 below zero temperatures! Brrrrr.

4. profile image0
    Denno66posted 8 years ago

The chances of employment are pretty slim there. I have relatives who live there. Beautiful countryside, but not so much for work.

5. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

We'd move there if my hubby is offered a job, not a whim move.

Our winters are just as cold, I'd rather move south (GA, NC, SC) but a job is a job is a job.  I think.

A Liberal state, I can live with, I don't "do" politics so it wouldn't bother me.

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 8 years ago

If you can make it there, then, enjoy. It's a great place really. Um, try Maine while you're at it. smile

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Been looking in Maine too.  I LOVE MAINE!  Actually he has resumes all over the New England states & south.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 8 years agoin reply to this

The green energy field is a good bet in New England.

7. The Rope profile image56
    The Ropeposted 8 years ago

Was just talking to a couple earlier in the week who have been in Vermont for their entire life. Haven't been myself but she indicated that although everyone she knows loves VT, part of the life of their community is that everyone is saving to retire in sunny FL.  (sigh...)

8. zadrobi profile image58
    zadrobiposted 8 years ago

There's no McDonalds in Montpelier, Vermont wink

1. The Rope profile image56
      The Ropeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm packing my bags right now!  Bet they have a great local restaurant.  smile

working