jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are there HubPages topics which are oversaturated (too crowded, repetition, few

1. aexbush profile image74
    aexbushposted 5 years ago

Are there HubPages topics which are oversaturated (too crowded, repetition, few new perspectives)?

As someone who is relatively new to HubPages but not to writing, I am genuinely curious to hear advice (and opinions) about which topics are considered to be oversaturated and which subjects appear to be crying for more attention.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6920937_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I really think recipes and crafts are over saturated. I think there needs to be more original content. Such as stories, biographies, etc.

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

That, aexbush, you'll have to find out for yourself.  It depends on what you have to bring to the table.  I am retired.  I am a former features reporter, not-that-great editor, and a prison guard/correctional counselor from California.  I chase anything that interests me, and when I write here, I am hoping to have readers that share my different passions.  I am not one to "go with the flow," so I write what I want to write.  For me, fiction and book reviews don't cut it when it comes to traffic.  I will not do those.  Write some Hubs, build up your portfolio, then study your HubPages account.  You will be surprised what readers are drawn to.  Would you believe my piece on organizing an underwear drawer tops everything I've done???  You don't know what will draw your readers until you actually start building that portfolio.

4. talfonso profile image82
    talfonsoposted 5 years ago

I think that the most useful topics - including health, crafts, weight loss - are oversaturated. I mean - they are ALL evergreen content (because people search for everyday projects and information), but writers tend to write about what others write usually from the same point of view. I try to create unique content. Nobody has ever heard of using two-part epoxy clay for crafts - only for DIY projects. So, I decided to write 2 hubs on it.

working