jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How do I remove a large portion of "space" on a hub?

1. vocalcoach profile image97
    vocalcoachposted 5 years ago

How do I remove a large portion of "space" on a hub?

I just re-did an older hub which was showing a large amount of "white space" in the content.  Tried everything to remove it but it still remains. Any suggestions ?

2. josh3418 profile image82
    josh3418posted 5 years ago

Audrey,

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but would you mind letting me know which hub it is?  I can go take a look at it...I know I have used different capsules to get rid of white space before.

vocalcoachposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi josh - I don't think we are allowed to post links here to our own hubs. Thanks..

3. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Is it there just after you publish it? Maybe the ads move things around?

No - it's even there in edit mode.

4. maggs224 profile image84
    maggs224posted 5 years ago

Hi Audrey, If you just tell us the name of your hub we can find it ourselves from your profile page. It would be much easier to see what the problem is if we can see the page maggs big_smile

5. timorous profile image83
    timorousposted 5 years ago

You should check your text capsules for unintentional blank line spaces at the ends. Just move the cursor in the text capsule editor to the end of the last line of text. Then hold the left mouse button, and drag down. If there are extra blank lines, they will be selected. Then delete them. Do this for all the text capsules. Also, check to make sure you haven't put in an extra capsule, with nothing in it.
    In some cases you do want some extra space, so experiment a bit.

Thank you timorous - followed your instructions and it worked very well.

6. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Heres what you do with too much space between paragraphs: place the curser at the end of the top paragraph like timorous said; then tap the delete key however many times is necessary to bring the bottom paragraph up to where it should be.

Alastar - Thank you for this advice.  No more blank spaces.

Closed to reply

working