jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is everyones preferred affiliate program to use, Amazon or Ebay?

1. gorilla24 profile image73
    gorilla24posted 5 years ago

What is everyones preferred affiliate program to use, Amazon or Ebay?

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Depends on what I'm writing. If I need a specific product then I'll usually go with amazon, but if I'm looking for a generalized product I'll go with e-bay because it would probably give the reader a better deal.

For example, I use amazon in my book list hubs, but in my nerd hub I link to e-bay because you can get better deals on dice and cards there.

3. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

I prefer Amazon, I haven't used Ebay much and worry that products will be gone when visitors click on links.  It seems like you'd have to keep rechecking hubs more often with Ebay to be sure they are up to date with the products?

4. Daniel_Benson profile image89
    Daniel_Bensonposted 5 years ago

Ebay! I seem to earn a large proportion of my Hub Pages income from this affiliate; simply by putting several capsules on each hub. I like how I can adapt these to be very specific or very broad to enable me to seemingly use them on every individual hub. Having said this, I am sure Amazon must be very similar, though, I cannot use it due to my unfortunate location in the world - the UK; where it is not applicable for use!

1. gorilla24 profile image73
      gorilla24posted 5 years agoin reply to this

daniel how much do you recieve if someone buys something on ebay from your page?

2. Daniel_Benson profile image89
      Daniel_Bensonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I tried to see the connection between what is sold via my hubs and what I earn, to be honest I have no idea how the two are related and consequently can't help I'm afraid. For example, I earn revenue from eBay everyday, yet I have only sold two items

working