jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What's up with the New HP profile?

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
    Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago

What's up with the New HP profile?

Whenever I hear "new and improved" (about anything) I just know it is worse and more expensive. How does it work for HP, I have no idea, but I am hoping someone can answer this question

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The "hew" profile design was announced back on May 15th and a full explanation of what it would look like and why was part of that announcement.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/05/new-profile-design/

Then the new design first premiered on some staff pages on July 10th.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/07/new-pr … ith-staff/

3. vocalcoach profile image98
    vocalcoachposted 5 years ago

My profile hasn't been updated yet but from what I've seen I approve of the new HP profile page.  Since the link has already been posted I won't repeat it. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new look.

4. forbcrin profile image60
    forbcrinposted 5 years ago

Ha, ha, ha, at least in Hub Pages' case, is not more expensive... I don't know if it is worse, or it is just different, thus turning into "worse"...

1. Petra Vlah profile image61
      Petra Vlahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Since the bio is cut at our expense I consider it a change for the worse and I will not go for the new "look" - as it happens I prefer substance rather than just "good looks"

2. forbcrin profile image60
      forbcrinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You may be right. I just joined, so I don't have anything to compare. Besides, I am not too great on bios anyway.
      Don't forget, we are in America. Look around you, we prefer "looks" over "substance". We don't understand "substance".

3. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are a LOT of spam profiles created here just to put backlinks in the bio section.  Those will all be disabled when the new profile changes are rolled out across the entire site.  That will be a good thing.

5. afriqnet profile image52
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

My opinion about the new HP profile is that it was important for the HP to make their Homepage more SEO friendly by filling it with more content than images and links. If you look at the new profile, you will notice most of the Hubs are accompanied by a short description. This makes more sense to Search engines. I hope the HP will improve immensely with the New look.

working