Does our eBay capsule need to be updated with new products, if so how often?

1. bridalletter profile image82
    bridalletterposted 5 years ago

Does our eBay capsule need to be updated with new products, if so how often?

In order to ensure ongoing ebay commissions and that the links to products shown are still available, do we need to go into each hub and run a new search for new products? If so, how often should it be updated. Does it update automatically?  My concern is items on ebay are available for a short time, sell and when they are not available; the link may just go to the search box on the main page instead of a specific or themed product.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Good question. Yes, I do update my E-Bay capsules on occasion because the turnover rate at E-Bay is very high.

3. zsobig profile image82
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

In my opinion it is not necessary. eBay capsules only let us to choose certain keywords, not specific products. Therefore it updates automatically each time a featured/most relevant product on your capsule is deleted/not listed anymore.
    As maybe you already know, there were almost 2 whole years when I was kinda 'away' from HubPages. During this time I payed no attention to my hubs/capsules/account/anything at all and still, my capsules are still working.
    On the other hand, Amazon capsules are different - in case you choose products on your own and don't let the capsule choose the most relevant products according to the keyword(s) given. These may require update more often, because once the product is gone, you have to select a new one. According to my experience, these are also very rare, so basically it is enough to re-select some products once you feel like there is a new one that might be even more relevant to your hub.
    Happy hubbing! smile