Question about the apprenticeship program?

1. missa72542 profile image93
    missa72542posted 5 years ago

Question about the apprenticeship program?

I recently applied to it and was wondering how long it took you to get your acceptance/rejection notification? I only sent it in last week so I'm not worried about getting it yet, I was just simply curious. Also, I read on the hub about it, that you can only write things that meet the guidelines, so you cant post fictional stories. Does that mean that during my 6 months I can not post any chapters of my fictional story at all? Or do I only have to make sure I post the required amount of hubs that meet the guidelines, and THEN I can post whatever I want? Thanks in advance for your answers

2. kittyjj profile image73
    kittyjjposted 5 years ago

I am in the second group of apprenticeship program.  I was invited to join the apprenticeship program so I don't know how long it takes to get an answer from Hubpages.  Yes, you have to meet the guidelines for each month during the 6 months of training and your fictional stories would have to wait until you've completed your 6 months apprenticeship program.

3. KarenCreftor profile image90
    KarenCreftorposted 5 years ago

Hi Missa72542,

I'm in the third group and just started month 5.

I applied after seeing the link on Facebook and it took roughly 3 weeks for me to hear anything. But I know they are always making changes to the program, so it could be different now.

You cannot publish anything personal, tutorials, fictional, poetry or Hubpages related. It's mostly geared towards 'How to' writing as the emphasis is on creating content people are likely to search for, which is normally looking for answers to something.

If you would still like to write your fiction, it has been suggested that you either open a seperate account for personal work or wait until after the apprenticeship finsihes. Sadly you cannot post personal hubs at all...whether you have met the minimum for the month or not. You need to write at least 8 (and up to 24) hubs based on set criteria every month. They are very strict and if you don't meet the minimum you're out.

I know 8 doesn't sound a lot but it takes a surprising amount of time, when following the lessons and minimum requirements.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application!!
    ~Kaz x

working