jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Is it bad etiquette on Hubpages to "share" your own hubs?

1. petenali profile image87
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

Is it bad etiquette on Hubpages to "share" your own hubs?

I see several hubs on my feed that are "written by" and "shared by" the same person.  When I tried it, a little warning box came up saying that it was not a good idea to do too much.  What are your thoughts/experiences?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Your hubs are automatically shared with followers when published. It is appropriate to share again if you have significantly revised or expanded a hub; otherwise not.

3. The Invincible profile image60
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

Technically, it should not be against Hub etiquettes, since the community itself gives you this option to share your own Hubs.  After all, it's your Hub, share it if you feel it was written long back, but is in trend. Share it if  you thought it to be the one of the best Hubs you had created.

Do it all...just don't over-do it...Sharing it several times a day might cause you an "Unfollow" !!

4. JoanCA profile image88
    JoanCAposted 5 years ago

It seems like spamming to me. I wouldn't do it. I do share other people's hubs. I think if you share other hubbers appreciate it and will look at your hubs some more and probably share them.

5. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

I do not think one is supposed to share one's own hubs.  You can share on Facebook and Pinterest, etc.  But I believe it is a violation to share your own, as being overly promotional.  At the bottom of your hub, you can post related hubs of your own under the rss feed.

6. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I share my hubs when I have done a significant improvement on them. Otherwise, they are shared automatically when they are published.

1. watergeek profile image97
      watergeekposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing hubs are automatically shared with significant revisions also. I've noticed a jump in views when I revise, and I don't share any of my own hubs onsite.

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There is no such automatic sharing with revision. However, your own pageviews are included in the statistics.

7. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

“Publicize or perish” is my motto. In this instance, self-promotion is your friend. No one is necessarily going to care about your writing more than you do. Even for the people who need it, they may not know necessarily where to find it or how to locate what you have to share, so you have to give people a little nudge. It's in your best interest to assist people in getting what they need!

working