jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Do you ever get signups from using your referral tracker?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Do you ever get signups from using your referral tracker?

If you use a referral tracker when posting links to your hubs, do you get any signups?

Not including your friends that you specifically tell to click the link and sign up.

2. snoblet profile image84
    snobletposted 5 years ago

Nope, not one and its been over 5k and no one likes me sad(

nmdondersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I can see how it can be discouraging.  I haven't had any luck myself.  But I like you haha.

3. Doodlehead profile image77
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

Yes.   Sign-ups are good as they are effortless.

It would be nice to get some signups and have some of them publish hubs smile

4. internpete profile image90
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Yep I've got four signups total, and only one was a friend. A lot depends on if you are the first tracker the visitor has clicked on, because if you are not, than you won't get the signup.

I always use my trackers when sharing my hubs on social media sites and this seems to be where I get most signups from. But it is also important to include the referral in your hubs in case people get to your hub through search engines.

It is sort of a cumulative process, like writing on hubpages, where the more you do it, the more signups you will get. I try to use my referral every time I link to anything on hubpages because you never know when someone might click a link and choose to signup.

But don't make a big deal out of getting signups, you make almost nothing from it unless they write a few hundred hubs or you get a few hundred signups! But it is fun to see people join.

Good for you, that's pretty cool you got some.  I wish I remembered the link I clicked to get referred here. 
      Those are good tips, thanks for the info.

5. Anonymous00 profile image70
    Anonymous00posted 5 years ago

smile This is why I really think that they should re-allow referral links on the new profile page smile Because you never know who could click on it. But I think most luck with referrals come from indeed whether or not you are that first person clicked on by the referrer. That certainly makes all the difference. So single handedly getting your ref link out there is what ultimately nets results smile

working