jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

To delete or not to delete? Do you delete your terrible hubs?

1. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

To delete or not to delete? Do you delete your terrible hubs?

We see people talk about their greatest hubs, but I wonder what your worst hub is. I was looking back through my hubs and though none are idle, I see the ones from when I first started and the ones I do now and there is a world of difference. My worst hub ever, has only 79 views and has been published for more than 15 months. I have chosen not to delete it because it reminds me to make sure I do my best, edit, reread, rewrite my newer hubs. What's your worst hub?

2. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Every hub is a part of our Hubpages experience. It is better to keep all hubs, no matter good or bad one.

3. momster profile image61
    momsterposted 5 years ago

I would not delete a hub. Putting to much time and effort into a hub is work. I would go back through the hub and make changes to a better liking. Add more content, take some out if needed, add more pictures. Even though the hub has little traffic, amp it up some and see if it brings in more views. Add more tags is needed, I have seen some of my hubs get more views by just adding a few more tags.

4. rfmoran profile image90
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I've been on HP for just over seven months so none of my hubs raise to the level of "terrible" (yet). The few sleepers I've had I tweaked and brought them back to life. I don't think I would delete unless I saw a better fit for it on my blog.

5. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

In the past I have deleted but tend not to do so now. Deleting is the easy way out and should only be done as a last resort. Better to try and challenge yourself by freshening up older hubs with new videos, images and text. Changing titles can have an immediate and positive effect and with a little pinging who knows what might be achieved?
    Revamping older hubs is an art though and I've a long way to go to reach the proficient stage. My worst hub was on the subject of bowels! I got rid of that within my first few weeks of starting on HP, it was a stinker1

working