jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many views did your hubs get on average before they got zzz'd?

1. MarleneBotha profile image67
    MarleneBothaposted 5 years ago

How many views did your hubs get on average before they got zzz'd?

I'm asking because I'm afraid mine will get zzz'd. I have a 3 hubs that get an average of 5 views per week. And I'm worried that it's not enough to keep them alive.

2. Ann810 profile image82
    Ann810posted 5 years ago

I don't worry too much about the Zzzz, because they sleep for awhile. I have a Father's Day article that has Zzzz off and on; I just add more content to the article. Or I may begin doing SEO search engine optimization, by submitting the hub url to many different search engines. I expect that some hubs will get Zzzz, but I just try to bring traffic to the hubs also by joining related forums and leaving my hub url. Hope this helps.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I don't have any zzzs, and my worst performing hub only got 3 views last month. 5 per week sounds pretty safe, I have several that average less than that.

4. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

I got more traffic after Idle Status convinced me to delete and return close to 30 of my non-performing hubs to my blog and update others. I've only experience a notable drop (meaning major!) after the recent Google Panda update. Just horrible, but I think traffic is starting to return.

Just make sure you have good content and learn as much SEO as you can. Know that if you're just starting at this, it's gonna take some time to build search engine traffic anyway. This is what made the update so "devastating" to me. After a year my traffic was just beginning to take off. But I know it will return and increase as I continue writing. Patience is the name of the game with online writing. Cheers!

working