jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the watermarked and pixelated photos or videos?my hub is in the reviewed

1. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image73
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

What is the watermarked and pixelated photos or videos?my hub is in the reviewed mod due to them.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 5 years ago

I have read that watermarked (where the watermark is visible on the image) are not really to be used, as they are copyrighted, I believe, and pixelated means low quality. You should switch those out for legal images or better quality ones that are allowed.

1. Danast profile image83
      Danastposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How do I find photos that are not copyrighted or watermarked?  All of them on the internet seem to be this way.  The ones online that are on a non watermarked site have watermarks on them. I don't understand. My 'animal' article has everything cited.

3. joanwz profile image77
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

A watermarked photo is a copyrighted photo, usually from a stock photo company. While they may be "published" online, they are published with the watermark. If you want a copy of the stock photo without the watermark, you have to purchase it from the company. What you're really purchasing is a contract for the rights to reuse that photo, with specific conditions itemized in the contract. Using watermarked photos is, basically, using someone elses copyrighted work without their permission.

Pixelated photos are are poor images taken on a digital camera, something like grainy photos taken on a film camera. Usually, though, in the case of digital photos, the pixilation appears because the photo has been cropped and enlarged too much. This produces a really poor image. In this case, taking another photo or zooming back out on the original photo may solve the problem.

4. Goody5 profile image75
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

A watermark is a symbol of some kind that is on the photograph itself. People put them on their photographs so that others can't use them. It's no big deal, just look carefully at each of your photos, and remove the ones where you see something funny. Keep on hubbing  smile

working