Is the Hub Tool on the fritz?

1. Larry Fields profile image78
    Larry Fieldsposted 5 years ago

Is the Hub Tool on the fritz?

I recently tried to start a new hub, which would have been my 51st. After keying in the 4-word title and the other info on the first page, I got the following message:

"Please do not include spaces in the web address for your Hub"

And I was unable to complete the process. That has never happened to me before. (And on the attempt before that, the Hub Tool sent me back to the beginning of "start a new hub.") What's up with that? Should I burn some incense to the Computer Gods, or what?

2. Tinsky profile image96
    Tinskyposted 5 years ago

The web address or URL can't have spaces in it - that is standard format on the web.  You should insert a hyphen (-) to join the words together.

EG.  If your hub was titled "Is the Hub Tool on the fritz?".  The web url address would be:    is-the-hub-tool-on-the-fritz   

If you look at the current URL for this question above in your browser you will also see this character being used.

Sometimes Hubpages will set this up for you automatically, but if you change the web address (as the web address that matches your hub title is already in use at another hub, or because of personal preference), then your best option (for searches and search engines etc) is to use the hyphen to join the words.

1. Larry Fields profile image78
      Larry Fieldsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Tinsky. I'll take your advise on the next hub.