jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Pixilated pictiues

1. bobbinson profile image71
    bobbinsonposted 5 years ago

Pixilated pictiues

On my hub Lady Hamilton and Lord Nelson I have been accused of pixilated or water marked pictures.
    These pitures are reproductions of oil paintings .I have checked them for water marks and cannot find any.
    I believe the effect of the oil and half tone dots my be mistaken for pixilation.
    I have checked othet hubs using paintings and they look the same as mine.
    Could you explain what the problem is

2. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 5 years ago

I looked at your hub and even though it's an image of a painting, you could avoid the pixelation problem if you replaced it with a larger, better resolution image.  The problem is that if you upload a small photo, HP will expand the image so that it fits in the capsule. Blowing up an image results in loss of resolution.

3. Daisy Mariposa profile image86
    Daisy Mariposaposted 5 years ago

I wasn't able to locate your Hub about Lady Hamilton and Lord Nelson on your HubPages profile page. Can I assume that it has been unpublished due to the pixelization of the photograph of the painting?

If your Hub has been unpublished, you might want to go to Wikimedia Commons or a similar site and search for another image. I have used hundreds of legal images from Wikimedia Commons and have never had a problem with any of them being pixelated.

If the image you uploaded was small, expanding it to a full-size image might have caused the pixelization. You might try expanding the image to a half-size image. Doing so often solves the pixelization problem.

4. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

Pixilated simply means that one can see pixels when one views your pictures. A pixel is the basic unit or picture element that makes up the image displayed on a video screen. I am not an expert on this technology, or science of pixilation, so I am not the one to help you to resolve your difficulties. However, pixilation,  and especially pixel density in a picture, or the manner in which a picture is obtained for publishing can greatly affect the value of a picture.
    Good luck in getting to the basis of your problem with pictures, and in resolving your difficulties.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

working