jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What are Back Links, Where Do I put Back Links, And What Use Are Backlinks...

1. safiq ali patel profile image73
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

What are Back Links, Where Do I put Back Links, And What Use Are Backlinks...

Here on Hub Pages I keep hearing about Backinks. Can You Explain What Are Back Links And Where Should I Add Them And What Purpose Do Back Links Serve ?

2. Randy M. profile image87
    Randy M.posted 5 years ago

Backlinks are links to your articles placed within other articles your write.  You also create backlinks to your site when you Tweet or place an article's link on other social sites.  They serve to help readers find relevant information if they need to read further on a topic. 

Backlinks should be relevant to what you are writing about, otherwise that will affect the ranking of your article.  And you should use them sparingly, like one or two per article, if you have relevant articles or references that you wish to backlink to.  Google penalizes rankings for over-backlinking and irrelevant backlinks.

To do a backlink, just highlight the relevant text in your article and then click on the chain link in the top right hand portion of the capsule editing box.  Then a new box will open up where you can paste in the link.  After it is done, then you should see the text highlighted in blue for you backlink.

1. safiq ali patel profile image73
      safiq ali patelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Randy M thank you for your answer. I'm still scratching my head a little confused on backlinks but will try to refer to what you have shared here as often as possible.

2. Randy M. profile image87
      Randy M.posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Safiq, if you have specific questions, message me any time.  I will be glad to help.

3. LouCannon profile image77
      LouCannonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And answer that gets right to the point! Thank you for sharing your wisdom... I never knew (still very new here)...

working