jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Is there any advantage to having a large number of Hubs?

1. ThompsonPen profile image76
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Is there any advantage to having a large number of Hubs?

I was thinking of deleting a few as they're not getting any more views, but I have a personal goal to reach 100 hubs, just for my own personal sake. Is there any advantage to having a massive amount of hubs?

2. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

To your point, I guess if you have a massive amount of hubs, but they aren't getting any views, what would be the point...I am close to reaching 100 hubs, but as I've gotten better at writing I've gone back through and probably rewritten a few and also deleted a few that I just didn't think could be saved by rewriting.

3. technician27 profile image61
    technician27posted 5 years ago

Try to rewrite some of them and see if you get any view. If you do rewrite the rest of it, if you are not getting any view after rewrite them just delete them. I dont see any point keeping them if you are not getting any views.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

The only real benefit is that the more articles you have on your account, the higher your aggregate earnings each month.  I have 120 or so hubs right now, and my monthly earnings are about 10 times the amount I was making when I only had 12 or so. It does feel kind of nice to reach a milestone number like 50 or 100, but I don't think I'm going to invest more time in this site to make it to the next milestone. Google/Yahoo/Bing search does not seem to like Hubpages very much and my views are also down, as are everyone else's.

After glancing at a few of your hubs I did notice a few things you could change to get more traffic.
    1) You could place your hubs into groups using the "Groups" feature in your account settings.  All this does is give your two extra links to your other hubs at the bottom of the page (with a little thumbnail).  They appear as "Next" and "Previous". You can look at my hubs to see what I'm describing.
    2) Some of your titles are clever, but not very descriptive.  Unfortunately, search engines place a lot of weight on a webpage's title, and creativity isn't rewarded.  You might want to make some of your article titles more transparent, or throw in a keyword.  If you want to keep your clever titles, add a subtitle with a colon or a dash.

Good luck and have a nice Christmas!

ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your suggestions! I"ve grouped as many as I can, though I find some of them just don't have a group, and could only go into the group perhaps of Oddkins. I will test out my titles as well, and see if that makes a difference smile

2. Amanda J Rose profile image86
      Amanda J Roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am new to Hubpages and appreciate this information. Thank you! You said that the search engines don't seem to like Hubpages, so I wondered how else it is that people find our Hubs?

5. sisterofdummy profile image60
    sisterofdummyposted 5 years ago

Mostly, rewriting hubs helps you to give them a different look.  Why do you dislike them?

ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There were a few that was just me trying to figure the site out, figure out how to get views and write non-fiction. They don't reflect me as a writer either in regards to their topic nor the research. Some are just like a blog entry almost.

working