jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Best way to get more views to you hubs?

1. MichaelJohnMele profile image75
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 5 years ago

Best way to get more views to you hubs?

I've tried Twitter, Facebook and various other forums around the web and was met with little to no success. I mean I do have views coming in, but they all seems to be coming from HubPages itself, not many from the other external sources I've listed...so I was just wondering how others here advertise themselves.

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

I've found that interlinking a series of related articles helps get more views with very little effort.  Try using the link capsule floated right with either the blue or gray background to make it stand out.  Give it a title like "Related Articles" or "What others are reading" so that people will know they are links to your other articles rather than an advertisment. Then pick 3 to 5 of your other hubs that you think your readers would also enjoy.

MichaelJohnMeleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for the information...I'm going to try that and hopefully will see some positive results.

3. talfonso profile image83
    talfonsoposted 5 years ago

Well, I have to say that putting a Hub to a group with related Hubs is a great way to garner more traffic.

Here's my example. I'm writing Hubs on dancewear, mostly focused on that of the 80's. From what I saw on TV, YouTube, or photos, I knew that there's more to that than just leotards and legwarmers. So I'm writing separate Hubs on 2-3 articles of dancewear (with one dedicated to the former queen, the leotard) and placing them in one group.

Another way to boost the traffic is to participate in forums and HubPages answers. You just did that, but you need more. Ask questions on a topic that really inspires you to write a good Hub. (And use a long-tail keyword in your title and URL - it helped me!)

MichaelJohnMeleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@talfonso thank you so very much for the advice and I am sure going to heed it.

working