jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Can I link to other articles I've written on the web?

1. Hawaiian Scribe profile image93
    Hawaiian Scribeposted 5 years ago

Can I link to other articles I've written on the web?

I also have articles on another writing site.  Can I link to them if the subject matter is relevant to the hub I'm writing?

2. sonykuddi profile image38
    sonykuddiposted 5 years ago

Yes you can give the link but the content should not be copy from other article ( although it is written by you).you can give links for further reference

Hawaiian Scribeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great!  Thanks so much for your answer.

Stephanie

3. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 5 years ago

Yes, you can, but you should only add one link to the external articles per hub. While you can have up to two links per hub, one is sufficient.

Thank you for your helpful reply.  Wow, you have a 100 ranking?  Must have taken a lot of work to get there.  Congratulations.  Aloha, Stephanie

4. sleepylog profile image94
    sleepylogposted 5 years ago

You can but make sure you link to relevant sites only, ie. sites whose subject matter is the same as the hub you're linking from. Google likes links that keep readers 'moving forward' in their search. If the link appears to be to an unrelated website, Google will see that as a step backward for your readers and so will penalise your hub by ranking it lower in search rankings. Attribution links to images you use are included in this, so if your attribution link doesn't link to a related site, avoid giving attribution if it's not required or avoid using an image that requires attribution if you can.

It's OK to include more than one relevant link. Like keywords, links should be proportionate to the amount of text in your hub. I would include one link for every 200 words or so.

Thanks for your most helpful reply.  That tip about Google is important and so is the attribution link info for images.  Aloha, Stephanie

2. sleepylog profile image94
      sleepylogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awww thank you so much, I'm so happy I could help. You've made my day smile

5. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago

You can but I would like to suggest you only link to one of these articles per hub. Google and Hubpages look down on to much linking to external sites that break the flow of the reading.

Thanks for your reply.  It's always good to know how the 'powers that be' think.  Aloha, Stephanie

working