This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why do highest scoring hubs get zero traffic for days?

1. getitrite profile image79
    getitriteposted 5 years ago

Why do highest scoring hubs  get zero traffic for days?

...and why do they not even show up on a google search when typed in word for word?

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

Well, the short answer is that the scores are not really indicative of anything useful.  Scores that appear on hubs are influenced by word count, number of images, comments, and internal traffic, but these things don't have much to do with external search engine traffic --  which is what you actually need to make money on HubPages. Likewise the little number on your profile doesn't reflect anything meaningful except your level of activity on the site. 

If you want to increase the number of views your articles are getting, here are a few things I've found to be helpful.

(1) Google articles on the same subject and look at the types of key words that are used.  You might be using key word phrases that are not commonly searched for, or not enough synonymous terms. 

(2) Make sure you have search engine friendly titles.  Clever titles seem not to do as well.  If you are really attached to your creative titles, try adding a subtitle.

(3) Link out from your more popular articles.  If you have two or three articles that get a lot of hits, you can leverage that to increase the page views for your other articles by creating a few links.

1. getitrite profile image79
      getitriteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I better get busy.

3. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

I believe it has to do with the keywords associated with your hub. Maybe its among those with high competition making it hard for your hub to achieve a high page rank.

4. thecorporatethief profile image45
    thecorporatethiefposted 5 years ago

I think you have to go hard on hub articles now days and write a lot of quality to get any forum of traction. My old hubs get great traffic now but they have been there for  a year now

working