jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Should I keep my Hubs broken down into smaller 500-1000 words articles?

1. Mikeg422 profile image74
    Mikeg422posted 5 years ago

Should I keep my Hubs broken down into smaller 500-1000 words articles?

I have written on paper so far a story that spans close to ten thousand words, even though it is all one comprehensive story should I break it down, or do people not mind reading a long story if it's half decent?

2. dailytop10 profile image91
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

Break it down to several parts. Doing so will help you achieve more views and make it easier for readers to scan through your work.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

if you have 500-800 words, you can write in one hub. If more than 1000words, break them into 2 hubs so that you could bring yr readers to keep reading yr other interesting hubs. Hope my tips are useful.

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

Good advice here.  1000 words is probably the upper limit for a single page of writing on the web, just due to the way the pages are formatted here and how people generally read electronic content. With 10000 words, you will do your readers (and yourself) a favor by breaking it into multiple parts.  Just link them up with one another so your readers can easily find the next page in the series.

5. Alex Longsword profile image61
    Alex Longswordposted 5 years ago

It would be better to brake down your hubs, some people avoid reading too long hubs and look for concise information, in addition to that if it is a story, it can be in two hubs to create a second part just like movies.

1. Mikeg422 profile image74
      Mikeg422posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your input Alex.

6. Mikeg422 profile image74
    Mikeg422posted 5 years ago

Thank you everyone, this confirms what I was thinking...too long = less views. I appreciate all of your comments thank you very much!

working